Car Travel Tips
Keep in mind these car travel tips for you and your pet. Safety first but also health and fun for your loved ones.
Here are a few car travel tips recommended by World Pet Travel:
- Take pets for a series of short trips to prime them for the long haul later.
- Feed your pet a light meal three to four hours before leaving.
- Don’t feed the pet during the trip.
- Make sure your pet is wearing an ID collar or has a microchip.
- Don’t allow your dog to hang his head out the window. It can cause inner ear damage and lung infections.
- For your dog/cats health, bring water so your pet doesn’t end up with diarrhea from drinking bad water on the trip.
- Create a pet traveling kit. The kit should include vaccination and health records, food, a bowl, a leash, a waste scooper, plastic bags, grooming supplies, medication and a pet first aid kit. You also can pack a favorite toy.
- Never leave an animal alone in a parked car!!! Heatstroke can develop during hot weather and animals can freeze to death during winter months.